Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Manage cloud server/storage deployments including promotion process, image management, data transfers, backup/restore, HA/DR
- Troubleshoot complex problems, provide software fault diagnosis resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors, etc.
- Deliver virtual server maintenance and software upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, vulnerabilities, and security configurations with minimal software down-time
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Define and document system architectures, systems configurations, and technical operational processes and policies
- 5+ years' experience as a senior systems administrator
- Technical and operational experience with PowerShell, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Windows Server, VMware, Hyper-V, VRA, VIO, monitoring, automation technologies
- Experience with public cloud providers Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud
- Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Experience with automated deployment technologies
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools
- Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent communication skills
- Customer service focus is key
- Certifications are highly desirable
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent related work experience
- 2 years of experience in a corporate IT environment.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
9949 West Sam Houston Parkway, Houston, Texas, 77064, United States
Requisition Number: 67481
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.