Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Up to £0.00 per year
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location - Houston, Texas (Energy Corridor)
Duration - Long term contract
- Provide project controls management for three large pipeline projects in the range of $100MM to $250MM
- Prepare monthly cost forecast, monthly accruals, and updated forecasted spend profiles for each project
- Contact contractors to ensure timely submittal of invoices, preparation of monthly forecast, weekly cost reports
- Support the rest of the project portfolio with project controls needs as time allows but priority is the three pipeline projects
- Oversees all aspects of capital projects direct and indirect costs, budgets and allocations, including participation in project "health checks".
- Determine cost trends and potential solutions to cost impact or delays and notify PM of potential problem areas
- Analyze and evaluate project costs and cash flow forecasts and report significant variances, trends, and irregularities, including documenting the causes/driver of variances to Project Managers
- Collaborates with Project Managers to review and validate progress and spend curves.
- Report and analyze project progress using earned value basis
- Assists the Project Managers with change management and links changes to latest estimate and schedules.
- Reviews contingency progression to assess effects on capital costs; communicates budget & forecast exposures.
- Participate in regular meetings with project managers to provide accurate and timely project forecasting and cost reporting including material expediting, invoice tracking (payment review and issue resolution), account reconciliation, project status reports and various other project related activities in support of the Project Management's monthly forecasting process
- Assists in development and deployment of standardized project control processes, systems and tools to improve project execution and forecast accuracy; together with the reporting requirements and tools. Reports findings to project managers. Identifies improvements and institutes enhancements incorporating industry best practices.
- Ability to input project data and run project cost reports in SAP
- Develop project controls status reports to satisfy reporting requirements of JV partners
- Adaptability and ability to create tools or templates as needed
- Team oriented
- Self-motivated/high initiative
- Attention to detail, accuracy, completeness and meeting deadlines and commitments is critical
- Excellent time management and organization skills including the ability to successfully prioritize/manage multiple tasks, and work with minimal direct supervision
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency level with spreadsheets and presentations using Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of business planning & forecasting, and SAP preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to present ideas and results to internal
- Experience with oil and gas capital projects, pipeline or terminal-related industry preferred.
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Oversees development and maintenance of consolidated master schedule for major capital projects. Prepares forward-looking manpower planning, metrics and trends.
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency level with of MS Project or Primavera
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.