Job Description Technical delivery:
- To provide expert Geomatics advice on the planning, execution, evaluation and continuous improvement of onshore/offshore Geomatics surveys and operations and to Geo-Information services provided to a varied range of customers across Shell.
- To ensure customer requirements are met and customer risks are managed, with special emphasis on HSSE, asset and information integrity, and ensuring that the customer realizes the full potential and value of Geomatics. More specifically, to plan, coordinate, and manage high-resolution geophysical data acquisition for site clearance/pipeline right-of-way projects, engineering and construction survey support, surface and subsea positioning activities, rig positioning, seismic survey navigation, seep hunting surveys, geotechnical & environmental surveys, general positioning support, and other activities.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Geospatial data for projects and corporate databases.
- Provide Geomatics consultancy and advice to customers (Geo-Information Management, mapping, remote sensing, surface and sub-surface data integration, data visualisation and analysis, geological mapping, geodetic advice, map/document management), supporting the implementation of industry or in-house geo-data models, updating and maintaining spatial databases for Shell Brazil surface and sub-surface assets and projects.
- To be project focal point for Geomatics QC and technical input into the business process and controls points in project teams, in the full range of Geomatics services.
- Technical assurance for projects in line with Shell Geomatics global process;
- Implementation of industry and Shell work processes, standards, tools, and best practices in Geomatics.
- Local support for planning, execution and supervision of onshore and/or offshore survey and positioning projects.
- Local representative for Contracting and Procurement of survey and positioning services;
- Involved in management of HSSE in survey and positioning operations. Accountable for delivering Geomatics Operations under his/her control
- Supervision of staff, consultants and survey representatives involved in Geomatics operations under his/her control
- Defining and building effective interfaces between Geomatics and other disciplines workflows
- Managing allocated budget and delivering all associated fiscal targets and KPI's.
- Lead After-Action Review meetings, and take learnings forward for other Geomatics projects
- Ensuring the geodetic integrity of existing and newly acquired information. Accountable for zero geo-integrity incidents in projects managed or supported by Geomatics
- Ensure seamless data flow between Operations and Geo-Information, and across disciplines;
- Responsible for the quality of Shell spatial data, maps, and co-ordinates, in compliance with global Manage Geomatics process and other Shell Group standards plus statutory requirements across disciplines
- Foster improvements in HSSE behaviors and performance through appropriate planning, auditing, and inspections of contractor's work areas and equipment, and promotion of continuous improvement in those areas for peers and contactors for all projects in an area.
- Take part in leading project HSSE exercises and incident investigations
- Responsible for and review of plans written by others that ensure each project is governed by a comprehensive project plan that addresses HSSE procedures
- Represent Shell to governmental authorities, partners, and contractors regarding Geomatics Operations survey issues both technical and regulatory.
- Seek out service improvement/diversification and cost savings via innovation and harnessing new technology that is aligned with the global Geomatics technology and innovation strategy
- Foster improvements in Geomatics workflows through knowledge sharing, global collaboration networks, applied learnings, and technology deployment to enable project delivery
- Coaching of others in the team to develop staff knowledge of, and capabilities in Geomatics
- Working within multi-disciplined teams and ensuring the early involvement of Geomatics at the early stage of project opportunities.
- Liaise with different disciplines and teams and ensure adherence to critical standards and processes
- Taking personal accountability for the individual contributions towards the implementation of the team and corporate HSSE plans.
- Acceptance of and implementation of new technologies, techniques and practices.
- Seek innovations to workflows and ways of working, including use of new technologies to reduce costs and HSSE exposure.
- Anticipating changes in external and internal markets and adjusting resources appropriately.
- Requirement for occasional working in remote field locations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BSc) or Master's degree (MSc) in a directly-related Geomatics Engineering, Geodesy, Hydrographic, Land Survey, Geo-Information Management or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant Geomatics Operations experience, in the Oil and Gas Business.
- Extensive recent operational experience of surveying and positioning methods, topographic surveys, engineering project support and seismic acquisition with a strong geodetic background.
- Skill in the definition of geodetic parameters and maintenance of the integrity of geodetic calculations.
- Experience in Geo-Information management systems and the use of ESRI Desktop, Server GIS applications, SQL, FME, AutoCAD, Python, spatial programming is advantageous.
- Managing contractor performance, HSSE, and quality assurance. Knowledge of developing contract execution plans.
- Knowledge of project management with respect to resource and schedule management.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.