Doha, Doha, Qatar
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Skills: Barge Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: East & SE Asia
Vantage Drilling International is an offshore drilling contractor that operates and manages a fleet of modern, high specification drilling rigs on a worldwide basis. Our owned and managed fleet currently consists of three ultra-deep-water Drillships and four premium BMC 375 Jackups. Below are the duties assigned to the position :
- Directly supervise the loading/unloading of supply vessels and be on deck when such operations are taking place.
- Assist in monitoring weather/environmental conditions and advises the Barge Supervisor/OIM on conditions likely to affect drilling operations and the integrity (seaworthiness) of the jackup.
- Assist in ensuring that all Marine and Navigation equipment is properly maintained and ready for use at all times. Also ensure the planned maintenance for such equipment is carried out as per schedule.
- Operate and assist in maintaining the bulk system as required.
- Assist in ensuring that all safety equipment, including lifeboats and fire-fighting equipment is maintained in a state of operational readiness at all times.
- Assist in ensuring that all lifting gear is colour coded, maintained and stowed correctly.
- Direct the movement of material and personnel transfers to/from supply jackup.
- Deputise for the Barge Engineer as required.
- Assist in the preparation, planning and execution of Marine Operations during rig moves.
- Act as Helicopter Landing Officer, including re-fuelling and fire-fighting duties as required.