Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Other Skills: Prefers candidate with Well Planning and Saudi experience, having MWD & Directional Drilling background
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Wellbore Placement Well Planner is responsible for providing support to the Wellbore Placement department in the planning, development and execution of onshore and offshore directional drilling activities for new and existing wells. By independently collaborating with ARAMCO Engineers and Geologists, the Well Planner will use Landmark COMPASS as well as other relevant software to calculate well trajectories and ensure customer objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Nabors Drilling Solutions (NDS) Field Operations at Aramco office and well site by representing NDS in a positive and professional manner.
- Gather and interpret data to calculate well plans as required by ARAMCO.
- Selecting necessary tools to implement the Well Plan (includes drill bits, bottom hole assemblies, motor configurations and settings, etc.).
- Meet regularly with ARAMCO to understand their objectives and prepare action plan to meet their expectation.
- Interpret the MWD information and apply drilling expertise, problem solving ability and drilling experience to ensure the well is executed according to the original well plan.
- Provide support staff with a daily progress report ensuring Operations management is kept informed of any potential problems.
- Prepare daily PVA reports and End of Well reports/ summary describing any problems encountered including recommended solutions.
- Ensuring safety policy is followed and enforced.
- Ensuring all paperwork is accurately completed and signed by the company representative.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Work independently and prioritize time to meet processing deadlines
- Diploma or equivalent.
- Oil Field experience in Saudi Aramco onshore or offshore rigs.
- 2 years Well Planning experience, 2 years Directional Drilling, and 2 years Measurement While Drilling
- Proficient in using Landmark COMPASS software or other equivalent planning software experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering disciplines a plus.
- Previous industry experience considered a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Auto CAD software
Essential SKILLS / physical requirements / working conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and work effectively with the client, employees and third parties at all levels
- Ability to influence and interact effectively with diverse and conflicting internal and external priorities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented with a structured approach to process and documentation
- Foster and maintain a professional attitude and teamwork concept among all staff within all areas of the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, after hours, and maintain an on-call status.
- Work conditions may include travel to and from other Nabors and ARAMCO facilities.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as other business systems such as AutoCAD and Landmark COMPASS or other equivalent planning software
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.