Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Rotating Equipment, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATIONS ENGINEERING - DUKHAN
SR. ENGINEER (TURBINE CONTROLS)
Primary Purpose of Job
1. Responsible to perform the effective maintenance and specialized engineering support for the Turbine & Compressor Control Systems in Dukhan Field to ensure their best integrity, availability and operational performance.Turbine & Compressor Control Systems include different makes and types of Control Systems and their associated interfaces for the large heavy duty and medium duty Rotating Equipment's such as Gas Turbines, Expenders and the Process Gas Compressors driven by various reputed OEM's.
2. Responsible to implement the corporate quality maintenance procedures for preventive and corrective maintenance of Automation Control System in accordance with the approved QP- Philosophy & Maintenance Strategy, OEM's Guidelines, QP-Corporate Asset / Maintenance Demarcations.
BEng/ BSc. Degree in Electronics / Instrumentation / Control Systems. Corporate Membership of appropriate professional engineering institute with Chartered Engineer status preferred. Must have satisfied the academic requirements for Professional Engineer status or equivalent plus completed relevant manufacturers' courses in gas turbine control systems and vibration analysis
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience in the engineering/maintenance of various Turbo machinery control systems such as GE, Solar, Siemens in Oil and Gas Industries, including a minimum of 5 years of senior supervisory experience covering maintenance /installation and trouble shooting on gas turbines, compressors and pumps, with specialist experience of rotating equipment and techniques used for condition monitoring of machinery
• 8 years post qualification engineering drawing experience.
• Minimum of 4 years experience (post qualifying) in Autocad in the oil & gas/ / petroleum, petrochemical industry
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa
Qatar Petroleum is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.