Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for specific business opportunities or challenges by providing proactive, timely and robust cost, value, and risk management support.
Support the implementation of value management in the Asset so that management priorities and deliverables are linked to value and cash drivers, and front line managers have the knowledge and tools to make value-based decisions on a daily basis. Provide value insight to strategy reviews, Reserves Endorsement, Annual budget, contract management and formal approvals of investment proposals
Deliver value by enabling the business to manage performance through providing insights into past, current and expected future performance to enable top quartile project .
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have Finance related college degree
- With at least 7 years working experience in the related field
- Experience in the Oil & gas industry is an advantage
- Must be fluent in both English & Portuguese
- Able to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge understanding businesses drivers, value and risk; Flexibility and agility to deploy the appropriate finance skills to address specific varying business needs across the pool they work in, leveraging a matrix organization.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insight to the table;
- Ability to apply a risk, practical approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to rationalize decisions with significant uncertainty and incomplete info.
- Ability to work under pressure, with short deadlines and quick turnaround still maintain an immaculate attention detail, hands on whenever is needed;
- Strong sense of team values & cultural sensitivity is essential
- Networks broadly, leveraging existing relationships
- Shows independence and courage in addressing difficult issues in a constructive manner
- Ability to balance business interests with functional agenda
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video