Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assigned to a pipeline project, reporting to the manager in charge of the project and site supervisor, to carry out duties of AUT Scanner Technician. Working onshore on pipeline construction projects ensuring set up and efficient/safe operation of the AUT scanner.
- PipeWizard Phased Array AUT system scanner set up, maintenance and operation
- Experience with PipeWizard Phased Array AUT system and trained in it's set up, use and maintenance
- Placement and operation of scanner head
- Prior to weld scanning ensure scanning surface areas are free from anomolies that may have adverse affects to the scanning system, (probe damage), or to interpretation results
- Ensure accuracy of setting the scanner band on the pipe, (scribe marks)
- To ensure the scanner and scanner band are placed correctly and removed from the production pipe following completion of the scanning
- To ensure scanner is placed correctly on calibration piece to ensure good quality system calibrations
- Ensure AUT scanner is operational during the project
- Maintenance of AUT scanner
- Experience with onshore pipeline operations
- Maintain logs of component changes and repairs to AUT equipment
- Ensure work is performed expeditiously and in accordance with relevant procedures
- Assist with any other duties as and when required by the project supervisor and/or project manager
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities over assistant AUT scanner technicians.
- Reporting to Site Supervisor for day to day activities
- Pipeline Manager
- CGSB, PCN, Third Party ASNT or other ISO9712 UT Level 2
- CGSB, PCN, Third Party ASNT or other ISO9712 MPI Level 2
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to communicate well in English
- Be able to follow instruction
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.