Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Ensure each job is delivered to the customer without problems or delays. The Field Engineer will be expected to train global representatives on PROMORE's existing and emerging technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise installation of downhole gauge surveillance systems.
- Keep service units clean, regularly serviced, inspected for defects and repaired - minimizing lost down time and vehicle operating cost. Scheduled inspections and repairs are less expensive and easier to handle than unscheduled breakdowns. The Field Engineer is responsible for avoiding vehicle breakdowns.
- Applicable to vehicle maintenance and equipment inventory; ensure all logs and records are kept up-to-date and accurate, make all required inspections and promptly report all damage, defects, unusual operational noise or poor performance to the Operations Coordinator.
- Service and clean hand and pneumatic tools, so the equipment is in reliable and operational condition for the next assignment; with no delays.
- Ensure all personnel, on site under his supervision, has the following minimum credentials up-to-date: Standard First Aid, H2S Alive and WHMIS.
- On an on-going basis, improve their field service methodology and safety by fully comprehending the Company's Operations and Safety Manuals and self-improvement through asking questions and seeking additional training in the area of oilfield completions, production and well site services. In coordination with the Operations Coordinator, develop a personal training plan and see to its implementation.
- Report all accidents and near misses to the Operations Coordinator, as soon as practical.
- Ensure that Field Operators or Operator Trainees are being trained properly to perform job functions, in accordance with PROMORE standards.
- Understand the functions and use of all electrical diagnostic meters, hand tools and installation tools, as well as all data acquisition equipment.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of PROMORE downhole tools and services; their application and principle of measurement.
- Accurate recording of equipment removed from inventory, including: instrument line, gauges, mandrels, cable protectors and data acquisition equipment.
- Conduct and document pre-job safety meetings.
- Ensure all equipment for the job is assembled correctly, tested and loaded in the service unit; to ensure no delays resulting from missing tools, parts or faulty equipment.
- Arrive on site, with the service unit and other operations personnel, when requested / scheduled.
- Ensure that the highest quality standards are met when performing a job. Ensure that the customer's representative is pleased with our work and personal conduct and the field people and service units project a good impression of PROMORE.
- Learn as much as possible from the customer's personnel on site about impending work and relay that information to the Operations Coordinator.
- Prepare accurate Field Service Order and Job Report, and promptly submit field documentation to the Operations Coordinator, to allow the billing process to begin immediately following the job.
- Report technical or equipment problems to the Operations Coordinator, via a trouble report and verbally if immediate response is required.
- Assist in the preparation and loading of downhole gauge equipment and installation tools.
- Ensure shieves, cables and slings are properly serviced and inspected. These items need to be routinely inspected to prevent injury or death.
- Service and maintain downhole gauges and tools as requested by the Operations Coordinator.
- Maintain PROMORE's high standards for quality service.
- Ensure all equipment, including vehicles are serviced and in good working condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Operations Coordinator.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering preferred. High School Diploma or GED with three years' experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2 years oilfield service experience
- Previous downhole gauge or electric wireline experience is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a team leader and supervise others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.