Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Retrieve downhole gauge data from well site data acquisition installations. Install and inspect surface data acquisition equipment. Conduct preventative maintenance on surface data acquisition and downhole gauge equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Download gauge data from well site locations.
- Analyze and plot gauge data to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Perform electrical integrity testing and troubleshooting on downhole gauge instrumentation.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on downhole and surface equipment, per maintenance contracts or well site inspection schedule.
- Install surface data acquisition equipment that was not required at the time of the initial downhole gauge installation.
- Keep service units clean, regularly serviced, inspected for defects and repaired - minimizing lost down time and vehicle operating cost. Scheduled inspections and repairs are less expensive and easier to handle than unscheduled breakdowns. The Data Technician is responsible for avoiding vehicle breakdowns.
- Applicable to vehicle maintenance and equipment inventory; ensure all logs and records are kept up-to-date and accurate, make all required inspections and promptly report all damage, defects, unusual operational noise or poor performance to the Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure all safety training and certificates are up-to-date.
- On an on-going basis, improve their field service methodology and safety by fully comprehending the Company's Operations and Safety Manuals and self-improvement through asking questions and seeking additional training in the area of oilfield completions, production and well site services. In coordination with the Operations Coordinator, develop a personal training plan and see to its implementation.
- Report all accidents and near misses to the Operations Coordinator, as soon as practical.
- Communicate and coordinate meetings with other PROMORE Departments; when necessary.
- Understand the functions and use of all electrical diagnostic meters and PROMORE data acquisition equipment.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of PROMORE downhole tools and services; their application and principle of measurement.
- Conduct and document pre-job safety meetings.
- Ensure all equipment for the job is assembled correctly, tested and loaded in the service unit; to ensure no delays resulting from missing tools, parts or faulty equipment.
- Ensure that the highest quality standards are met when performing a job. Ensure that the customer's representative is pleased with our work and personal conduct and service units project a good impression of PROMORE.
- Learn as much as possible from the customer's personnel on site about impending work and relay that information to the Operations Coordinator.
- Prepare accurate Field Service Order and Job Report, and promptly submit field documentation to the Operations Coordinator, to allow the billing process to begin immediately following the job.
- Report technical or equipment problems to the Operations Coordinator, via a trouble report and verbally if immediate response is required.
- Maintain PROMORE's high standards for quality service.
- Ensure all equipment, including vehicles are serviced and in good working condition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Operations Coordinator.
Engineering Technologist Diploma preferred. High School Diploma or GED with two years' oilfield experience in automation will be considered.
2 years oilfield service experience
Previous downhole gauge or automation experience is an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills; specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.