Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Shoshoni, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently sourcing for an I&E Technician to work a 6-month project in Lysite, WY. This will be a rotational schedule of 7 days on / 7 days off working 12 hour days. This candidate will need to have extensive experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Provides electrical, electronics, communications, and instrumentation support to maintain wells, equipment and facilities in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound
- Maintains and optimizes SCADA communications systems and programmable logic controllers
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate
- Oversees, monitors, & witnesses: Grounding / Breaker Installation / Terminations / Continuity checks / instrument installation / Loop checks / System Function checks / P&ID check outs / of contractor's work execution during Capital Project installation
- Maintains high Safety standards during construction and participate in the PSSR walkdown at the completion of the project
- Capable of working independently without direct supervision
- Capable of identifying work and initiating work requests
- Participates in safety observation program, incident investigations and safety meeting
- Driving company vehicle / UTV within assigned area after appropriate training
- Requires 5-7 years of experience
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function
- Performs varied and more complex tasks
- Makes decisions within broad parameters
- Takes ownership of actions and follow through on commitments
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.