Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities:
This position reports to the Oil Movements/Marine Technology Manager in Pulau Bukom's Technological/Development division.
The incumbent will provide technological and project development support to Bukom's Oil Movements/Marine department
1) Sweats and optimizes the current assets and facilities in the refinery Movements/Marine area by deconstraining existing facilities for more efficient use of existing assets, tanks, loading and discharge facilities.
2) Supports the production of finished and intermediate products with logistics improvement to existing facilities and trouble shoots where necessary.
3) Performs short term studies and develops improvement initiatives or business opportunities in Movements activities leading to capital development projects.
4) Provides Movements/Marine technology support.
5) Assists and supports in preparation of project PCR and CRERs for the refinery in the area of Movements/Maine activities.
6) Develops basis of design for OSBL requirement for new Process units.
7) Updates drawings (PFS, PEFS, PSFS, PSM, data sheets) for those modifications, in close cooperation with Operations, Projects and Maintenance Department.
8) Proposes units and process modifications to improve the Oil Movements/Marine facilities in the areas of safety, fire fighting/prevention, quality, and reliability.
9) Recommends and helps implement product quality giveaway reduction measures and product quality assurance barriers together with PQ Technologist and Operations.
10) Monitors on a monthly basis the performance of the blending and storage units and proposes improvements.
11) Works with Lead Production Specialist and Production Specialist to ensure Movements/Marine facilities are adequate to deliver & meet performance targets.
12) Provides strategic support/input to longer term projects affecting Movements/Marine capital development.
13) Supports environmental performance/KPI of Movements/Marine department.HSSE Responsibilities:
1) Ensure technical safety aspects in all proposals and plant modifications made and support technical HSSE reviews, PSA, IPF SRBI studies and PSSR.
2) Ensure plant modifications or conversions comply with relevant HSSE legislative, ISO14001, OSHA18001 and Shell group requirements.
3) Propose plant modifications to improve HSSE performance.
4) Report / Intervene any unsafe behavior or unsafe operating condition observed while working in the plant.
5) Comply with Bukom HSSE rules and regulations.
6) Implement assigned controls identified in the HSSE-MS, such as those in the Refinery Bowties, Hazard Sheets and HRAs.
7) Support environmental performance of Oil Movements/Marine area.Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements Skills & Requirements:Special Challenges:
Experience and Qualifications required:
- To de-constrain Oil Movement/Marine to reduce PQ giveaway, to ensure faster turnaround of product delivery and to enable flexibility of product blending while ensuring that process safety, reliability and PQ assurance are not compromised.
- Chemical Engineering degree with min 6 years related working experience in oil industry preferred.
- Experience in detailed and basic engineering process design with equal emphasis on mechanical equipment technical evaluation and development.
- Hands-on experience with projects foreseen from conceptual design stage until installation and commissioning status
- Candidate have good working knowledge of Oil Movements/Marine system and Product Quality aspects of the product cut will be added advantage.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.