Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
Minimum Years of Experience
- Minimum 10 years with related experience of Water Technology in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or any relevant discipline.
Soft skill :
- Good networking & relationship building with the stakeholders, business and management institutions, national and key industry players and service providers.
- Good governance, leadership and Capability Development
- Strong team player, high self-motivation and dependable
- Strong Analytical and Decision Making
- Good in writing & fluent in communication (English)
1. Technical/Skill Leadership
Technical leadership in the area of expertise at MLNG by applying the Base and Key technologies:
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap and tracking of its implementation.
- Proactively identifying technical requirements and value creation opportunities in his area of expertise
- Responsible and accountable for technical aspects of project and improvement initiatives
- Provide leadership in driving and monitoring technical implementation of operational/engineering improvement initiatives/best practices and capturing lesson learnt
- Recommended for TPs to be assigned to lead the sections/units in their area of the technical discipline.
Provision of consultancy services and technical solutions at MLNG by applying the Base and Key technologies:
- Provide technical guidance and advice in area of Water Technology (e.g. technical support in trouble shooting, problem diagnostics, technical audits & benchmarking, project risk assessment, etc) -
- Provide technical solutions to specific issues / potential problems (e.g reliability/integrity improvement, bad actor resolution, etc)
3. Talent Development
Participate in the development of technical capability in the organisation
- Participate in the development / review / enhance technical capability development tools, e.g. Technology Inventory & Ruler (TI&R), Skill Inventory & Ruler (SI&R) and Skill Development Matrix (SDM)
- Participate in the development/review training requirements and modules and conduct training (e.g. Skill group and Trade group)
- Undertake technical coaching (which includes review and tracking of Individual Coaching Plan (ICP)) and leadership coaching
- Conduct technical competency assessment for TTS, E1 & E2 (e.g. Accelerated Capability Development (ACD), Technical Trade Specialist (TTS), Technical Professional (TP), etc)
4. Technical & Professional Excellence
Acquisition of technology or best practices and contribution to organisation and profession:
- Internal and external networking with technical experts for continuous technical development and advancement
- Seek and introduce best practices/technology/ innovative ideas and work processes
- Participate in Community of Practices (CoP) / Lead Improvement Working Group (IWG) as well as contribute in both avenue.
- Participate and share knowledge of best practices within the industry and higher learning institutions eg:
- Write and publish technical journals/present papers - Regional and International
- Be involved in professional bodies/ external committees (e.g IEM, SPE, ICHemE, etc)
- Contribute at UTP and other higher learning institutions - adjunct lectureship, syllabus/curriculum review, industry advisory panel
- Participate in initiatives by external technical committees/regulatory bodies (e.g. drafting of standards, reviewing conference papers, chairing conferences, etc.
Summary of Work Scope / Job Description
- Having extensive experience on industrial water purifications and plant operational experience but mainly on waste water systems and projects.
- Provide the right technical guideline and advice to stakeholders in the area of water technology responsible to provide support such as trouble shooting, problem diagnostics, technical audits, risk assessments and solutions to potential problems. In addition,
- Support the Water System of MLNG which is expanding especially in Train 9, and to be involved in rejuvenation/improvement plant changes.
- Be the Business Technical Authority (BTA) for Process (Water), zero production impact related to Water System and able to play the lead role and provide guidance for Utility System.
Work Location: Malaysia LNG Sdn. Bhd. , Bintulu, Sarawak
Frequency of travelling / offshore: As and when required
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500.
Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia.
We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations.
Petronas is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.