Skills: Drilling Foreman / Drilling Supervisor, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
A. BASIC JOB PURPOSE
Provide Offshore Supervision for PCSB's offshore exploration, activities at the work sites in accordance with approved programs, procedures and practices and with the specific objective of achieving optimum operating cost, safeguarding the safety of personnel and property and protection of the environment.
B. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities shall cover, but not limited to the following:-
- Assist in the planning of Exploration/Development wells including but not limited to risk assessments, onshore Drill the Well On Paper (DWOP) and Test the Well On Paper (TWOP), review of drilling and testing procedures.
- Assist and advise in preparation of drilling operations manuals, guidelines and procedures, including HPHT Well Control manual.
- Work with HSE personnel to review specific HSE documentation, Manuals, Procedures and Emergency Response Training and exercises.
- Supervise all PCSB offshore personnel assigned to the exploration campaign.
- Supervise and manage the overall implementation of PCSB's offshore exploration/development, activities at the work sites in accordance with approved programs, procedures and practices and with the specific objective of achieving optimum operating cost, safeguarding the safety of personnel and property and protection of the environment.
- Provide technical advice to troubleshoot major operational problems, such as blowout, rig on fire or serious accident that may occur during the operations
- Supervise the drilling and well testing activities safely by implementing and enforcing good oil field drilling practices and other statutory requirements as required by law.
- Identify unsafe practices, procedures and advise innovative solutions to remedy the problems.
- Plan and control rig activities such as timely scheduling of equipment, materials and services to avoid costly delays by continuous forecasting rig forward activities and requirements.
- Enhance operations efficiency by constantly evaluating and analyzing the practices, procedures and problems and recommending changes for improvement.
C. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Possess valid IWCF certificate
- Possess valid HUET and EBS certification.
- Possess valid Medical Certificate
- Minimum 20 years in drilling operations.
- Extensive experience drilling from Jack-Up drilling Units.
- Extensive recent experience in Drilling operations.
- Minimum 10 years as a Drilling Supervisor.
- Minimum 3 years (within the past five years) as offshore company representative
- Show knowledge in all aspects of HPHT Drilling and Testing Operations.
- Candidate experienced working with any company related to PETRONAS i.e. JV or working in ASEAN region will be an advantage.
- Good English proficiency and able to communicate with local employees.
- Strong team player.
- Computer literate (MS Office, DIMS)
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500.
Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia.
We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations.
Petronas is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.