Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
LABORATORY ANALYST III
Competent and experienced in the handling of all fluid types and the maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment for the majority of laboratory tests within a specific analysis category. Assists with training in laboratory and may coordinate laboratory activities. Documents test results according to prescribed manner. Maintains and calibrates equipment as per requirements detailed by Company
- Awareness of relevant Company Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and perform duties in accordance with these requirements
- Perform processes according to documented procedures or work instructions in accordance with approved QA Procedures
- Able to understand and apply analysis and technical standards according ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), UOP (Universal Oil Products), IP (Energy Institute) and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean and tidy manner including safe storage and disposal of samples
- Fully complete all worksheets, data forms, records and administrative forms legibly and to distribute or file these in the appropriate location
- Interpretation of client requirements and consultation with superiors in order to achieve delivery of final product within agreed time frame
- Competent in 80% of disciplines within assigned analysis category (analysis categories: Chemistry, PVT, Gas Chromatography, Flow Assurance or Enhanced Oil Recovery) which must include equipment maintenance and calibration and software use
- Attend and participate in departmental and safety meetings
- Assist in training less experienced levels and may coordinate laboratory activities
- Minimum Bachelor degree and 5 years experience as Laboratory Analyst or relevant industry experience
- or High school / secondary education and 10 years experience as Laboratory Technician/Analyst or relevant industry experience
- Good verbal and written knowledge of local language
- Ability to perform basic and scientific mathematical calculations
- Ability to use (general) computer software such as MS Office and Visual Basic
- Ability to use laboratory computer software (e.g. LIMS, LabView)
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.