Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To act as the main support function for the onsite Inspection Engineers. Utilising process experience, site knowledge and establishing onsite contacts to validate process data. Ensure that plant and equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and legislation with feedback of results to the client. In addition active participation, shadowing and proactive learning are key requirements of the successful candidate.
- Support the Inspection Engineers and or Lead Inspection Engineer in delivery of Oceaneering workscope as defined in the contract with the client.
- Functionally report to the Lead Inspection Engineer for the provision and co-ordination of all Inspection Services. Maintain close liaison with the Inspection Engineers and Process Personnel to ensure key operating and design data are accurate/populated in Line register.
- Understand the role of PSSR's within an inspection environment.
- Create and edit WSE's under the guidance of Senior Inspection Engineers
- Assist in all strategy reviews and in the development of inspection programs. Where necessary input to detailed plans, programs and work scopes.
- Undertake all agreed registration activities within the limitations of the Oceaneering issued Letter of Authority (LoA), ensuring they are implemented and completed as scheduled.
- Supervise third parties whilst on site. Ensure the contractor understands the workscope, associated risks and the work is completed and reported as specified in the workscope. Carry out briefings/Tool Box Talks to all Inspection/ NDT Personnel
- Issue inspection reports on approved forms/ templates for items inspected ensuring condition and observations plus supporting information such as NDT reports
- P&ID & Isometric literate. Strong understanding of Inspection related documents - symbols and diagrams
- Update inspection database (e.g. Credo) and maintenance management systems (e.g. Maximo, SAP) with inspection activities
- Review and where applicable sign acceptance of inspection reports completed by NDT technicians or Third parties.
- Attend meetings and reviews as appropriate e.g. Shutdown, IQRO, Planning, Safety and hazard risk assessment etc.
- Maintain assigned Logs or Registers up-to-date and in accordance with Oceaneering/client procedures.
- Issue status reports as required e.g. daily/ weekly/ handover, etc.
- Provide support as required to audits e.g. Verification, client, internal, etc.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- UKAS RG2 Category 3 compatible (E). Note 1: However, there will be allowance made with regards experience dependent at what stage of training (if within a five year period) the individual is at. This will also be reflected in the roles & responsibilities and the Letter of Authority.
- ONC in appropriate Engineering discipline
- EngTech as defined by Engineering council
- NDT Knowledge
- Site Safety Passport, annual eye test, certification.
- Appropriate Degree or HNC/HND
- ASME or CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 1- API 570 & 510 may be a specific client requirement.
- Confined Space Entry training
- Incorporated Engineer as defined by Engineering council
- Computer Aided Design - Isometrics
- Previous experience in the field of plant and equipment inspection
- NDT Qualification / Experience
- "Hands on" visual inspection experience of different plant & equipment. This should primarily be "in service"
- Experience which covers planning, Inspection storage databases/systems (such as Credo), inspection workpacks/scopes and dealing with anomalies
- Knowledge of legislation, codes/standards, materials, plant operations & processes, damage mechanisms, coatings and NDT techniques (both conventional & specialist).
- Construction & fabrication inspection experience. Knowledge of RBA and WSEs (or equivalent)
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes, standards, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures
- Microsoft Office
- Credo or equivalent
- Ability to manage or coordinate NDT techs or Third parties
- Good client or support contractor relationship skills at various levels of seniority or diverse cultures
- Good communicator both written and verbal
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.