Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
DESIGN ENGINEER I
Works closely with senior engineering staff and within a team across departments to assist with problem solving while maintaining customer focus. Completes assignments and projects of increasingly larger scope requiring knowledge of concepts, methods, and application of engineering principles and maintaining a high level of integrity and safety awareness. Ongoing training includes development of new skills related to learning procedures and methods in the design of mechanical systems and components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Expected to apply creativity and innovation to the research and development of new products from conception through production. Product development activities include conceptual development of new and improved products as directed by engineering management in response to customer and industry requirements. (15%)
- Perform engineering calculations and thorough analysis of components and systems per approved engineering standards. (10%)
- Prepare mechanical design layouts and drawings according to engineering specifications as directed by senior engineering staff. Must be able to prepare plumbing and electrical schematics. (30%)
- Responsible for creating testing procedures and test requests. May include direct involvement with testing programs and related personnel. (5%)
- Assists in interdepartmental support which may include technical problem solving with in the manufacturing, quality, and safety departments. Investigate product non conformances and engineering change requests and implement changes if necessary. (20%)
- All duties and functions to be performed within time parameters as set by departmental and project requirements. A professional attitude should be prevalent representing an eagerness to learn and strong customer awareness.
- Develop a basic knowledge of products, materials, and processes related through to provide manufacturing support and technical support. Responsible to assist the development of product lines. (20%)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum, or Aerospace Engineering (or related)
Two years' experience in AutoCAD and Inventor (or similar software) is desired. Knowledge of hydraulics, pressure vessels and automated controls and their functions is required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically in an office environment; however, at times, the employee will be required to go into the manufacturing area exposing them to an environment that includes, but is not limited to metal cutting and machining equipment, cutting fluids, metal shavings and oil. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and there is a potential risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job description here is representative of one that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.