Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A vacancy has arisen for an ICT Support Engineer based in Nautilus House with travel to other UK sites as required. The function of this position is to provide IT support to UK and Trinidad sites, tracking computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits. This will entail talking clients through a series of actions either via phone, email or chat.
The successful applicant will have degree or industry certification in relevant computing subjects and have experience in microsoft operating systems, troubleshooting and working on a service desk.
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users' accounts and profiles
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- test and evaluate new technology
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact:
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.