Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior ICT Engineer to join our busy team in Aberdeen. The main responsibilities are to provide 2nd line support and undertake complex ICT projects and tasks for services including data centres, networks, storage, messaging (including email), as well as server and storage services.
Roles and Responsibilities
The suitable candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Networking, Citrix, VM Ware, Office 365 and Office Application Suite.
Strong verbal and written skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment is also required.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities are also required
- Demonstrable experience of leading a Service Desk
- Experience and knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experience and knowledge of using service desk software and an understanding of service level management
- A good understanding of formal service management frameworks
- Knowledge of ICT hardware, software, desktop applications telephony and networks sufficient to manage the delivery of first line support.
- Ability to meet service level targets
- Excellent communication skills including: written, oral and presentation skills
- Able to develop the skills and competencies of others through coaching and training
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure and maintain customer service ethic.
- Customer focused - always assessing the impact and benefits for customers as the first priority
- Able to work co-operatively and productively with customers, other teams, functions and suppliers earning their respect and confidence.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.