Job Description Position Purpose:
Manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with:
- Internal (Shell) stakeholders in development and execution of procurement strategies driving towards value maximization. [Pre-award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal. [Post-award Phase] Principal Accountabilities:[Outcome - Value]
Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/ regional level.
Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP as an overall 'guidance'.
Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets. Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.[Outcome - HSSE]
Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Shell's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.[Business Interface]
Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.[Supplier Interface]
Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.[CP Interface]
Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (Eg: Downstream, Functions & Technology, Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, LMMM, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team.[People]
Provides extensive coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.[Process]
Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgment, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.Company Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
[Qualification & Delivery]
- A degree level (Business/Engineering) and/or proven long term comprehensive experience within CP.
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification would be preferred but not mandatory.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Is understood and is credible at all levels in Shell
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Mix of operational experience and global/regional corporate roles, multiple LoB
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all CP
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first
- Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Proven track record of commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Enables and empowers team to contribute, recognises people (Engage & Perform)
- Passionate about developing people
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.