- Provide the Global Commercial business with a CP professional Team Lead to deliver Top Quartile Procurement and Contract Management Strategies and techniques to realize significant cost savings whilst delivering and optimizing internal and external performance, with the focus on Logistics. This high profile and highly-visible role will be key to the delivery of Global Commercial operation and process excellence in the region.
- The role will deliver value creation and improvement to meet the business targets, using market intelligence, stakeholder needs analysis, strategy development, strategy implementation, tendering, negotiation and contract management. All value creation and improvement initiatives must be aligned with the various GC organizations ensuring an improved total cost of ownership and seamless implementation together with business.
- The role will ensure full compliance of governance and controls procedures. Maximum savings would be delivered through implementing 20/40/40 approach from Demand Management and Specification opportunities, achieving performance target and risk mitigation via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal.
- The scope of Logistics spend can include but not limited to warehouse, road transportation, multi-model transportation, freight forwarding (incl. global EFA call-off), OSP, CCA.
- Deliver value creation and improvement to Global Commercial by developing and implementing Regional/Local CP strategies utilizing Price, Demand Management, Specification and Contract Management principles, as well as implementing the regional/local component of global strategies.
- Provide guidance and steer to a team of Procurement Managers to achieve the target of value creation and improvement.
- Lead development of in-depth knowledge of the market for the Logistics categories in various key markets.
- Drive effective management of Global, Regional and Local supplier relationships and negotiations, including resolution of operational and supplier performance issues relating to the contracts.
- Ensure strong connect and collaborative ways of working across the wider CP Organization (eg: Global Category team, CP Operations, CP Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Provide a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the users of logistics services. Especially driving review of specifications and demand management.
- Manage Business interface on a day-to-day basis with senior stakeholders and ensure all needs are met.
- Lead team to work with the Contract Owners and Holders ensure effective and efficient Contract Management and expected value is obtained during the contract term.
- Drive rationalization of contracts and suppliers across the region to leverage full procurement potential of Shell. Regularly review the business spend and strategically develop regional and local long-term plan.
- Identify and develop strategic suppliers who can support Shell in our business growth aspirations in the Logistics categories.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure all aspects related to CP governance & compliance are communicated on an ongoing basis.
- Support Goal Zero via stringent application of HSSE standards during procurement process.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results. Able to lead and manage change initiatives
- Sound understanding of at least 1 downstream CoB, its business direction and strategy. Knowledge of T&S or Lubricants Supply Chain desirable
- Strong commercial and logistics experience. Knowledge of CMCP and experience in CP desirable
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills. Proven capability to engage and communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Demonstrate strong leadership attributes (authenticity, performance, growth, collaboration)
- Mindset of innovation, continuous improvement and simplification
- Degree in the field of logistics management or in relevant field desirable
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.