The purpose of this role is to provide the Global Commercial business within the ASEAN region with a CP professional to deliver best in class procurement strategies and techniques to realize significant cost savings whilst delivering and optimizing internal and external performance. Reporting to Procurement Manager/Category Manager Lead, this high profile and highly-visible role will be key to the delivery of Global Commercial Logistics targets in the region.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to take up this key role within Contracting & Procurement, who will act as a regional Procurement Manager for the Logistics Category. The individual would be optimizing the end-to-end synergy in the Logistics category. This individual will also have the exposure to work on the logistics element within the packaging, additives, marketing, engineering and operations arena. The successful candidate will be expected to develop, win internal support, and then implement a strategic plan and accompanying value creation plan for Logistics spend.
This role will deliver value improvement for the business to meet CP and stakeholder targets, meet OTIF objectives whilst following global RtP processes. The individual will ensure full compliance of governance and controls procedures. Maximum savings would be delivered through implementing 20/40/40 approach from Demand Management and Specification opportunities, achieving performance target and risk mitigation via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal.
In addition to the commercial responsibilities, the role is responsible for ensuring value creation via Contract Management. All value improvement initiatives must be intricately aligned with the various GC organizations ensuring an improved total cost of ownership and seamless implementation from the standpoint of our customers
1) Deliver value improvements to Commercial Organization by developing and implementing Regional/Local CP strategies utilizing Price, Demand Management, Specification and Contract Management principles.
2) Support Procurement Manager Lead and Global Category Managers in implementing relevant Global Category Strategy within the region and maintaining CoB alignments
3) Drive effective management of Global, Regional and Local supplier relationships and negotiations in the region, including resolution of operational and supplier performance issues relating to the contracts.
4) Provide a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the users of materials and/or services. Especially driving review of specifications and demand management.
5) Manage Business interface on a day-to-day basis with senior stakeholders and ensure all needs are met.
6) Work with the Contract Owners and Holders to ensure effective and efficient Contract Management and expected value is obtained during the contract term.
7) Move to end to end variable cost model for improved governance, cost position and workload management.
8) Identify and develop strategic suppliers who can support Shell in our business growth aspirations
9) Regularly review the business spend and strategically develop category-focused long-term plan
10) Work with key stakeholders to ensure all aspects related to CP governance & compliance are communicated on an ongoing basis.
11) Support Goal Zero via stringent application of HSSE standards during procurement processCompany Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Self-motivated and work independently in a highly virtual environment.
- Strong business acumen
- Able to lead and manage change initiatives
- Capable to engage and communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Demonstrate strong Leadership Attributes (Authenticity, Performance, Growth, Collaboration)
- Able to identify opportunities for leverage and best practice sharing
- Able to create or adopt innovative approaches to develop value improvement opportunities with suppliers for the business
- Able to work with the business to respond quickly and effectively
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.