Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
With general autonomy, ensure all financial initiatives are met, including responsibility for the entire global segment accounting process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume full administrative ownership of the accounting function in support of business operations
- Report and analyse cost/performance and oversee contractual matters in assigned profit centre area
- Responsible for closing cycles and operationg rhythms.
- Responsible for annual budge preparation, controllership fundamentals, and coordinating finance-related activities across functions
- Liaise and collaborate with all functional areas to provide real time support and analysis that adds and assists in the business decision making process
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial reviews, closing and reporting processes
- Meet with and collaborate with Project Managers and Business Leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our projects
- Work with the commercial, project management and operations to improve tender, cost tracking and budgeting tools.
- Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation strategies
- Partner with technical/business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimisation, productivity, inventory accuracy and utilisation
- Maintain and update 5-year business plan with input from management and business unit leaders.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles
- Prepare monthly financial statement reconciliations, explaining variances not explained by obvious business activities or trends
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of all general ledger accounts
- Responsible for client invoicing including compliance with contractual requirements, and supporting documentation
- Manage Quarterly and Annual audit process
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with company and client requirements
- Provide Cash Management planning and reporting to the busness unit including Billing, Collections, DSO's Contract Assets and Liabilities
- Lead and Manage finance and accounting team, provide direction in alignment with company strategy. Build an effective team that manages and champions change
- Assist with Bids, Contract and Customer business/financial reviews as needed.
- Assist with action plans, allocation of resources, CAPEX strategy & planning, ad updating forecst as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure that the Safety Policies and Procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities
- The job role is independently accountable for a large number of staff or supportarm of the organisation or a single profit/loss or revenue centre, major product line or support function.
- Completion of a Bachelors Degree from an accredited University or College preferred in Accounting or relevant background
- Extensive experience required
- Eperience with reporting under US GAAP for US Parent Company
- Expeience leading and mentoring a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characterisitcs
- Ability to develop/prepare information and analysis for board meetings
- Ability to develop, sustain, and enhance relationships with client groups, particuarly senior leadership
- Strong consultative skills and business acumen to provide meaningful solutions to Operational needs
- Ability to interact, influence and partner with managers and executives to achieve positive results for the organisation
- Ability to manage projects and meet established deadlines
- Ability to travel as needed for business requirements
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.