HR Business PartnerLocation:
Lemont Furnace, Pennsylvania (Punxsutawney, PA)Job Type:
Full-time, Permanent Brief Description:
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner serves as the primary contact for general HR related issues and questions while providing support and guidance to the regional employees and the operations leadership team in an assigned area. They will ensure compliance with our policies and procedures and contribute to the broader HR organization strategies, initiatives and overall business objectives. This role requires a strong HR generalist background with the ability to build strong relationships with employees, other HR professionals and stakeholders at all levels.
This position will also assist business units in identifying, developing and retaining talent that enhances team performance.
The successful candidate will: set high standards of performance for themselves and others; be professional in written, verbal and personal actions in any situation; seek new knowledge and experiences; have an analytical mindset that can utilize factual data to develop creative and business-oriented solutions; be self- aware and adjust accordingly to different environments and audiences.
This role performs under the general direction of the Sr. HR Business Partner and/or Senior HR Manager.Detailed Description:
- Manage all employee relations issues and work closely with management and employees to build effective working relationships, improve retention and strengthen morale
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations and advises on disciplinary action
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and compliance related to employees, and partner with legal department as needed/required
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation, while assisting in driving improvements to HR policies, practices and processes
- Prepare various reports as require and analyze/interpret data, trends and metrics in partnership with broader HR teams to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning and other business initiatives
- Assist in processing transfers, promotions, and demotions
- Work with L&D to identify and deliver training needs for the business
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with all levels of leadership, hourly employees and peers, strong investigative, analytical, critical thinking skills and solid understanding of HR processes, practices, and legal and regulatory legislation.
- Excellent communication skills which include the ability to speak, write and listen in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure and delivers information in a clear and concise manner and facilitates good decision-making is required
- Ability to prepare and present HR initiatives and training programs to management and employees
- Ability to maintain Company and employee confidentiality at all times and handle sensitive employee information and protect Company proprietary information in an appropriate manner.
- High level of energy needed for a fast paced environment where multiple initiatives are happening simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and the ability to run reports and do analysis
- Ability to travel as needed to other offices and work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) including proper use of designated personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years of Human Resources generalist experience
- Experience in employee investigations and employee relations
- Knowledge of state and federal labor laws
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study preferred
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- PHR or SHRM-CP
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.