Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for planning, organization, control, and coordination of the Division's health, safety & environmental (HSE) functions, as well as for general safety training initiatives. Scope of responsibilities includes all ProTechnics locations in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. The incumbent must be proficient in OSHA definitions and requirements, safety program development, insurance requirements, HSE questionnaires (required by customers), contractor procurement questionnaires, Master Insurance requirements, ISO quality standards, training program development, and tracking/measurement of industry HSE standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and implements HSE programs to ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and country-specific health, safety, and environmental rules and regulations.
- Principal customer and regulatory agency contact for HS&E inquiries, reporting, contracts, and compliance efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring that ProTechnics' HSE programs are in compliance with customer requirements (for example, BP, Shell, Chevron and other large operators).
- Maintains regular contact with customers and industry HSE personnel to ensure that new developments and/or requirements are incorporated into the Division's HSE protocols.
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge in planning and implementing comprehensive HSE training programs for all employees. Topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Radiation Safety
- Regulatory Compliance
- Management/Leadership Training
- General Safety (OSHA)
- Regulation Interpretation
- Policy Implementation
- Meeting Customer Expectations
- Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)
- Instrument Detection
- Operating Procedures
- License Interpretation
- Regulation Interpretation
- Waste Disposal
- ISO9000 and 14000 awareness
- Evaluates, selects and purchases all safety equipment, survey instruments, analysis equipment, and other products/services needed to operate the HSE function within ProTechnics.
- Subject matter expertise and ongoing professional development are required in the following areas:
- Radiation Safety Training
- Instrument Calibration/Repair
- Subsurface Tracer Awareness
- IS Networld database user training
- Multi-channel Analysis
- Landauer user/manager database
- Radiation Officer training
- Logging Awareness
- PEC Database user training
- Liquid Scintillation use
- Database analysis functions
- Annual Safety Symposium
- Responsible for HSE incident investigation, reporting and follow-up.
- Responsible for customer HSE audit management, including determination and review of all accidents, incidents, and near-misses, reporting lessons learned, creating HSE protocols, and HSE training documentation (which must be recorded and communicated to customers if requested).
- Represents ProTechnics at Core Lab HSE meetings and assists other Core Lab locations, facilities, divisions, and/or departments as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in a health science field preferred with 5-7 years relevant experience, or 10 years relevant experience without a degree.
Must have five years' of experience in managing general safety programs. This includes presentations to groups of managers, clients and regulatory authorities. Must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements on local, state, national and country-specific levels. Expert knowledge required in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Scintvision, Fullshot, Internet Explorer, IS Networld, PEC Premier, OSHA, DOT, EPA, and NRC Regulations. Excellent communication and training skills required; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with concurrent and/or conflicting priorities. Background in training multiple HSE related training courses preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must have experience in radiation exposure calculations and exposure control techniques. This includes both internal and external exposure. Must have knowledge of national safety data bases. Must have knowledge in implementing training programs and regulatory requirements to help assist management and employees in attaining tools needed to perform job duties within all requirements of State, Federal, country-specific, and Core Lab HSE requirements. Radiation safety experience or Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) license preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Must have current passport or the ability to obtain one. Must have current drivers license and be able to travel 60% of the time. Must be licensed to provide required regulatory radiation safety courses. Preferred professional certifications include:
- CSP - Certified Safety Professional
- CST - Certified Safety Technologist
- CPSM - Certified Product Safety Manager
- CIH - Certified Industrial Hygienist
- RSO - Radiation Safety Officer *preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is required to walk. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and on occasion be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to radiation and custom chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.