Machinist BolterField Machinist / Bolt TechnicianResponsibilities:
Receives direction from supervisor on project and daily work requirements. Works well under minimum supervision and can represent company to client representatives. Has experience in both Field Machining and Bolt-up
- Perform work in a safe manner and abide by company and customer safety requirements
- Tighten and loosen bolts on flange connections and man-ways as per drawings and work plan.
- Assist with installation/removal of blinds as needed for pressure testing purposes.
- Possess skilled knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc. as required.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications.
- Use impact wrenches combination wrenches, and line up pins to install valves and piping spools.
- Completing assigned paperwork as required by either customer or company
- Properly uses and maintains company tools, equipment and vehicles
- Must be able to perform machine operations including, pump/motor base milling, line boring, RTJ flange faces
- Responsible for ensuring the calibration and documentation of all associated gauges and measuring equipment.
- Must be familiar with field machining equipment and the limitations of each piece of equipment
- Must be able to control and regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut
- Must be willing to ensure proper bolting and alignment processes are followed.
- Must be able to estimate jobs to determine the length of time and materials/equipment required to complete the job safely and efficiently
- Must be willing to work on any other jobs assigned by management/supervision
- At least 4 years combined experience as a helper, bolt-up fitter, or machinist.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and high elevations
- Must be willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job
- Safety and detail focused.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Industrial Plant Experience
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, technical school or college based credits.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years field machinist and proper bolting process experience.
- Must be able to satisfactory complete safety related courses required by customer/clients and company.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished product
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret isometric drawings and develop equipment requirements from the drawing supplied by clients/customers.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral format
- Must be familiar with various types of field machining tools and equipment.
- Must be able to verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test administered by customers and company. Hair follicle testing is a requirement from some customers
- Must be willing to work extended hours, shift work, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work on out-of-town assignments. Travel will be required.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact. WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.