Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons are currently recruiting an Engineering Manager to be based in Lagos, Nigeria to work on a rotational basis.
The primary function of the Engineering Manager is to ensure the delivery of engineering to meet the portfolio delivery commitments, through managing and coordinating multi-discipline engineering activities.
- Provide input to proposals (man-hour estimates and execution strategies) and assistance with business development and client relationship management including liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes and standards
- Manage Value Improvement Processes including Design to Capacity, Value Engineering and Risk Workshops
- Manage the Development and updating of Engineering Standards as well as Technical specifications
- Provide leadership and proactively manage all aspects of HSE through the application of OneWay™ values and expectation and ensure Safety in Design and Flawless principles are applied through-out the engineering process
- Be fully conversant with the Portfolio Management Plans, and all relevant WP processes
- Finalise and implement the Engineering Management Plan as well as preparing any required project-specific Engineering Management Plans as and when required
- Be trained in SEAL and act as Focal Point where necessary, ensuring all applicable SEAL processes are followed
- Engage with client to ensure that the CCDP stage gate requirements are embedded into the planning for each project
- Be responsible for multi-discipline engineering management across the contract including resolving portfolio-wide multi-discipline engineering issues
- Be accountable for overall technical integrity and safety in design processes
- Be accountable for engineering delivery and handover according to clients' requirements
- Ensure the appropriate levels of technical risk reviews and audits are undertaken during engineering and design activities and adequate resources are provided for implementation of engineering related risk treatment plans
- Coordinate inter-discipline communication and cooperation
- Monitor the overall progress of engineering work and ensure regular progressing of deliverables is performed by each discipline
- Manage engineering resources
- Ensure team members are suitably qualified and competent to perform their duties
- Resource the team to meet specific requirements
- Ensure project deliverables are achieved on time and within approved budget
- Ensure delivery of engineering design integrity/technical integrity
- Report engineering status to individual project managers, to business and to client as required
- Approve discipline man-hour and cost estimates
- Prepare multi discipline engineering estimates and control expenditure
- Review / approve / reject engineering queries / scope change, e.g. EQ's, TQ's, etc. - Maintain and develop current awareness of engineering technologies, codes and standards
- Experienced in managing a team of Lead Engineers
- Experience in working with large multinational oil and gas companies
- Coordination and implementation of engineering activities.
- Responsible for safe working practices both personally and for the discipline teams, using the WorleyParsons OneWay framework.
- Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Ability to create positive client and project relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring Lead engineers.
- Computer skills in relevant packages including databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Experienced in planning and achieving targets
- A recognised degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience
- Desirable to have registration as a chartered or professional engineer with the Institution of Engineers, preferably at Fellow level