Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, an oil tool manufacturing company, are looking for a Design Engineer on a staff basis, based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire.
The Design Engineer's role involves the preparation of innovative designs backed-up with engineering calculations, analysis and manufacturing drawings. Taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to completion, including concept development, purchasing of parts, overseeing and coordinating the build and test of prototype equipment, compiling product documentation and operational procedures and ensuring activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for multifaceted engineering design projects, from concept through to production, providing project specific bespoke engineering solutions.
- Creation, maintenance and review of engineering drawings and schematics for use in the manufacture, assembly and testing of products; using proprietary CAD packages.
- Preparation of design packages for conducting, recording and actioning design reviews.
- Undertake engineering calculations, source and select supplementary components and materials, enabling effective design optimization and ensuring fitness for purpose.
- Modify existing products to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Assess cost implications of design changes or new designs, informing projected costs to the Engineering Manager.
- Preparation of test and operational procedures, and quality management documentation.
- Compilation of technical documentation; reports, calculations, specifications, parts lists, assembly, test and operational procedures, manufacturing data, risk and failure-mode analyses.
- Interfacing and technical liaison with other company staff, clients and suppliers.
- To ensure all work is carried out to high standards and in line with quality system requirements.