Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Other Skills: Flange Machinist and Bolt up Skills
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $32 an hour
Location: Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Field Machinist and Bolt Technician
8 month project working 6-10's at 32 an hour with $95 per day per diem for days worked for those that live 50 miles from project
Receives direction from supervisor on project and daily work requirements. Works well under minimum supervision and can represent company to client representatives.
- Perform work in a safe manner and abide by company and customer safety requirements
- Completing assigned paperwork as required by either customer or company
- Properly uses and maintains company tools, equipment and vehicles
- Must be able to perform machine operations including, pump/motor base milling, line boring, RTJ flange faces
- Responsible for ensuring the calibration and documentation of all associated gauges and measuring equipment.
- Must be familiar with field machining equipment and the limitations of each piece of equipment
- Must be able to control and regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut
- Must be willing to ensure proper bolting and alignment processes are followed.
- Must be able to estimate jobs to determine the length of time and materials/equipment required to complete the job safely and efficiently
- Must be willing to work on any other jobs assigned by management/supervision
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, technical school or college based credits.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years field machinist and proper bolting process experience.
- Must be able to satisfactory complete safety related courses required by customer/clients and company.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to read blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished product
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret isometric drawings and develop equipment requirements from the drawing supplied by clients/customers.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral format
- Must be familiar with various types of field machining tools and equipment.
- Must be able to verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test administered by customers and company. Hair follicle testing is a requirement from some customers
- Must be willing to work extended hours, shift work, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to work on out-of-town assignments. Travel will be required.
- Must be able to work in various environmental elements (rain, cold, hot, humid conditions etc.)
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employees to communicate effectively
- Ability to stand for prolong periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations which permits employee to perform job safety observations.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which allow the employee to complete reports.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations which permit the employee to perform field duties, including climbing multiple levels of stairs and climbing ladders.
- Ability to travel on out of town assignments
- Must have the ability to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-
employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check,
education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND
CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this
position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA
You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for: