Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate a CNC/Conventional Turning and/or Milling center (vertical, horizontal or universal) in all aspects of Turning / Milling.
- Follow a structured method in manufacture of components.
- Read and work from engineering drawings and meet specified Quality Standards.
- Read and understand job programs / Readouts.
- Prove Unproven programs on Job Set-up, editing, offsetting, etc., as required (as applicable to CNC machining)
- Undertake operations including: screw cutting, tapping, groove cutting, slotting, drilling, reaming, eccentric turning etc., (as applicable to conventional machining).
- Fully utilizing equipment such as a jaw chuck, steady v-blocks, dividing head etc., in the performing of tasks. (As applicable to conventional machining).
- Fully Inspect own work using measuring equipment.
- Produce work of a high standard, including the deburring and etching operations in completion of work components.
- Work largely unsupervised and be highly self-motivated.
- Comply with all Schlumberger QHSE Policies and procedures.
- Operate overhead and pillar type cranes / lifting equipment.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in a related field, such as Manufacturing or Machining preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in a similar role, with proven ability to operate CNC or lathe machinery preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical drawings, and work instructions.
- Familiarity with manufacturing or machining processes would be a plus.
- Effective communication skills, eagerness to learn.
- Attention to detail, neat and organized.
- Ability to work in shifts and overtime (weekends included) as required. Flexible in working requirements as the needs of the business dictate.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.