Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position reports to the Project Manager or Engineering Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based services and applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Author documentation, reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations for purposes of training and knowledge sharing purposes
- Ability to follow the general development practices and techniques such as unit testing, integration testing, security testing and code quality measurement
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned
- Gathering insights from Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) to help drive technology and product development
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies. Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master's / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud technology
- Experience with cloud technology - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with microservices architecture, development, deployment and testing
- Familiarity with container or virtualization technologies
- Understanding of security concepts such as identity management, https certification, identity federation
- Knowledge of RESTful API design and asynchronous and concurrent systems
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Norway, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger Norway Technology Center is the Center of Excellence for Geology, Geophysics, Flow Assurance and Asset Optimization. We develop state of the art software applications for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, evaluation and production. Our activities span from software engineering to customer support, from technical documentation to quality assurance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.