Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is based in Houston, TX and reports to the Quality Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection / quality control of the products / parts / assemblies against their stated specifications as per Standard Work documentation, ensuring each inspection is done using measurement system with valid calibration and acceptable repeatability and reproducibility.
- Sets up and calibrates equipment, successfully performs the required inspections, evaluates and interprets results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Effectively communicate inspection results to supervisors, while following written procedures of the inspection process.
- Deliver quality results through accurate adherence Company policy and procedures as well as Industry specific standards as requested by the client.
- Have the knowledge the inspection procedures, test procedures, Standard Works, and provide input to continuously improve them.
- Maintain adequate supplies to perform jobs in a timely manner.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up-to-date.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of 2 years college level course work or Trade/Technical School/Associates Degree in a related area is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with inspection and testing procedures preferred.
- Prior experience with CMMs preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Attention to detail, neat and organized.
- Ability to work in shifts and overtime (weekends included) as required. Flexible in working requirements as the needs of the business dictate.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.