Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Engineering Technician, Mechanical Technician, Workshop
Other Skills: Pressure Testing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
We are recruiting for a Hose Assembly Technician within our Aberdeen workshop to carry out quality and safe activities for the refurbishment, servicing, assembly and testing of products such as hydraulic, industrial and composite hose assembly, pumps, instrument tubing and any products that the company handles as directed by the company and client, which are fit for purpose to fully satisfy our customer requirements and delivery dates.
- An understanding and practical experience of working with hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Good communications skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Numeric skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to function well within a team environment
- Safety and environmental awareness
- Customer and Quality Focus
- BFPA qualification level 2 (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of hose inspection and pressure testing
- Forklift certificate
- Ability to use and maintain equipment to a high standard
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Ensure that all tasks carried out are per supervisor's & customers written and verbal instructions.
- Be fully aware of component compatibility and competent to use Hydrasun products
- Prepare assemblies using a variety of hoses for industrial, offshore and hydraulic and pneumatic purposes
- Be able to identify and use all types of hoses for the purpose specified by the customer order
- Be familiar with full range of Hydrasun products
- Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and is submitted on a timely basis
- A willingness to work extra hours to ensure organisational or client deadlines are met when required
- A willingness to work in other areas of the business when required to do so.
- Ensure all timesheets / Job sheets are completed correctly and submitted on time.
- Assist with the promotion a culture of cost efficiency and savings
HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality)
- Ensure that work is completed in line with the Company's Quality procedures, BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and Customer specifications
- Ensure that work activities are executed in accordance with the Company's HSE Management System and when onsite in accordance with the customer's site rules.
- Adopting and promoting good working practices at all times
- Ensure that work areas/vans/equipment and tools are maintained, clean and hazard free and in accordance with company procedures and customer site rules
- Ensure that risks are assessed and risk assessments completed where applicable
- Ensure adherence to the Company's accident and investigation procedures
- Carry out routine weekly safety inspections as 5s and report to Team Leader.
- Take part in any Tool Box Talks and other communication processes to ensure you keep up to date with recent events or changes within the department and for the smooth running of the day to day work detail and daily planning
- Actively take part in the Competency Assurance Process and ensure that you maintain an up-to-date competency level and sound working knowledge of hoses and fittings
- Actively take part in the Performance Appraisal system
- Comply with the Human Resource Management systems and procedures
- Motivate and encourage and mentor trainees where applicable
- Help the Operations Service Department Supervisor actively define strategies for continuous improvement of the Service Van service in order to improve response times and services to customers
- Assist the Operations Service Department Supervisor with reports for Senior Management review when applicable
- Contribute to overall team activities and promote good working practices within the department