Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Transmission Engineer for a direct opportunity in Houston, TX. Our client is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries.
The Transmission Engineer performs engineering work with a focus on transmission line design including both civil and electrical practices.
- Generating cost effective design for high voltage electrical transmission lines
- Representing the Engineering department and participate in inter-department meetings
- Attending meetings with customers as needed to support the Sales department and the engineers
- Monitoring team progress and activities to ensure projects remain on schedule, within budget and exceed customer expectations
- Able to perform transmission line engineering work independently
- Balance innovation and standardization of work processes
- Project Engineer level individuals will ensure that projects meet quality and schedule objectives
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by assignments
- Other duties as requires
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degrees, from an accredited university.
- Experience in transmission line design; successful candidates will have at least 3 years; experience in transmission line design with more senior level positions requiring 7 years or more in hands on design.
- Senior level applicants must be a licensed professional engineer with ability to become licensed in multiple states or must be able to gain license within one year of hire.
- Experience in preparing cost effective designs in an EPC environment
- Knowledge and understanding of transmission engineering, including routing issues, conductor selection, structure determination, plan and profile development, material takeoffs, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of structure and foundation design
- Knowledge of common engineering application software, particularly such tools as PLS-CADD
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI and ANSI that apply to transmission design
- Extensive knowledge of design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Effective oral and written communication skills
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/