Skills: Facilities Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position is based in Midland, TX and will support the US Onshore Projects organization by identifying, scoping, and forecasting surface facilities and pipelines necessary to support the upstream development of the Delaware Basin. Experience managing projects and programs, performing economic evaluations, and mapping in ArcGIS is highly desirable.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience with upstream and/or midstream facilities; unconventional shale experience is required
- A high degree of familiarity with and knowledge of the design and construction of gathering pipeline systems and production, compression, pumping, treating, processing, and produced water disposal facilities as well as a basic knowledge of drilling and completions activities.
- Experience with ArcGIS suite of spatial data management and mapping software programs is preferred, but not required.
- Able to prepare budgetary level facility capital expenditure and schedule estimates and performing screening level economic analyses.
- Proficiency with standard office software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Technically proficient and self-motivated with creative problem solving skills to accomplish tasks within a team environment.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Position will be imbedded with upstream organization in Midland but will report to US Onshore Projects in The Woodlands.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards and environmental and safety regulations.
- As new drilling locations are identified, determine associated production facility type, location, and required supporting infrastructure such as gas, oil and produced water well connects and power drops.
- Prepare preliminary capital expenditure estimates, schedule estimates, and economic justifications for these projects. Document results and provide to production facilities and pipeline execution to begin engineering and construction.
- Provide production facility updates to program management schedules. Track changes to forecasted in-service dates and communicate to stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly budget forecasts updates for production facility and well connect projects.
- Develop communication tools including maps, schedules, reports, and share with upstream and projects organization.
- Participate in technical reviews of subsurface and infrastructure development plans. Identify opportunities for optimization, improvement and better alignment.
- Work with production facility project engineering and reservoir engineering to ensure facility designs meet well productivity needs.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering required; Civil, Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical preferred, other disciplines may be considered with appropriate experience.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel for this position is 10% - 25%. Most travel time will be to field locations in Loving, Reeves, and Ward County, Texas from the Midland office. Air travel to The Woodlands or other corporate locations will be approximately once per quarter or less.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.