The New Fuels (NF) division within the New Energies business works towards building a profitable and scalable business in sustainable, low carbon transportation fuels that offers a material contribution to Shell. It consists of a portfolio of activities focused on growth opportunities from the transport transition. All pathways address aspects of the transport air quality and/or GHG challenge and span capital intensive technology maturation and deployment, to service-based partnerships.
F is focused on charging solutions for Battery Electric Vehicles, Advanced Biofuels and RNG and Hydrogen fuel supply networks for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles. All NF business developments can be characterized by high levels of technical, political and commercial uncertainties which provide both significant opportunities and challenges.
This role will have a high level of external focus including interaction with external parties and requires sound commercial acumen and judgement. The applicant will need to demonstrate commercial curiosity and a willingness to develop a deep understanding of the objectives and drivers of the business. The business is in a growth phase and will require strong finance steer and support to ensure suitable structures are put in place to create a robust platform for growth.Accountabilities:
The Finance Advisor New Fuels will be a focal point for New Fuels finance in the Americas. This role will involve partnering the business in establishing business models, commercial decision making, risk management and performance management, providing transparency and enabling business performance through focus on core finance skills of treasury, tax and accounting. The Advisor connects with all areas including Finance in Downstream, Treasury, Group Reporting, Controllers, Tax, FTM and P&T to ensure a proper end to end transparency of cost and ensuring appropriate guidance to portfolio choices, from a Financial advice standpoint. Therefore, it will be critical to take an integrative leadership role, drive collaboration and ensure that accountabilities are clear with focus on deliverables and outcomes.
- Deliver innovative strategic, tactical and operational solutions applying a strong commercial lens.
- Support the commercialization of New Fuels opportunities evaluating complex techno-economics and significant financial and non-financial risks to drive the direction and growth of the portfolio.
- Commercial deal structuring, contract negotiation and implementation including those involving M&A and/or corporate finance transactions working with external partners and FTM.
- Bring the right balance of support and challenge to influence value-based decisions whilst maintaining independence.
- Create new and maintain existing value through driving performance management within the New Fuels portfolio including planning, reporting and appraisal, and cost leadership working closely with the NE planning and appraisal manager.
- Ensure an appropriate governance and assurance environment is maintained within the New Fuels organization and activities.
- Leverage expertise from finance and other functions including liaison with FTM, Tax, Treasury, Controllers, Legal and C&P. Act as New Fuels finance representative within the Americas with local finance stakeholders.
- Support external finance interfaces and manage the complex commercial issues with future JVs and Partnerships.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Professional finance qualification (or equivalent) preferred with minimum of seven (7) years relevant finance experience.
- M&A and corporate finance experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably from Finance or Accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and model opportunities identifying and managing risk and trading off risk vs. reward.
- Track record of demonstrating an external mindset, bringing fresh perspectives and generating innovative solutions to complex or challenging problems.
- Experience of working in a highly dynamic, or start up environment, providing direction and structure, and managing change.
- Well-developed commercial acumen balanced with an understanding of what is credible, competitive and affordable.
- Strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to leverage the skills and strengths of others taking an integrative leadership role, driving collaboration and ensuring that accountabilities are clear with focus on deliverables and outcomes.
- Financial experience in compliance/assurance or internal controls and knowledge of the business controls framework.
- Business Partnering: SKILL
- Business Performance Management: SKILL
- Value Management: SKILL
- Finance Input to Project Delivery: SKILL
- Accounting and Reporting: SKILL
- Financial Controls: SKILL
- Governance and Assurance: SKILL
- Risk Management: KNOWLEDGE
- M&A and Structured Finance: KNOWLEDGE
- Finance Input to Joint Ventures: KNOWLEDGE
- Process and Data Management: KNOWLEDGE
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.