Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to £0.00 per year
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
- Senior level experience with medium to large projects and able to lead an electrical engineering team consisting of at least 5 engineers / designers. Must have experience in and be able to estimate manhours required for completion of work, successfully prioritize and assign work per schedule requirements and be able to communicate and report to project management. Engineer must have experience in verifying completeness and quality of work performed.
- Provide technical direction to engineers and designers in the execution of electrical scope of work on medium and large size projects.
- Coordinate with project management and discipline manager to ensure execution of electrical scope of work coincides with standard practices and procedures.
- Perform routine and complex engineering, design, analysis or other technical tasks within the electrical discipline utilizing current technology, available standards, calculation software, templates and cataloged products.
- Prepare/review load lists, power system studies, single lines, equipment layouts, area classifications, sizing calculations, schematics, equipment specifications, data sheets, requisitions and technical bid analysis
- May work independently on special assignments or as part of a working team.
- Implement Company and Client Standards/Procedures while seeking improvements to work processes and design approaches.
- Develop and maintain a quality design threshold for the discipline through use of understandable quality procedures.
- Ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts specification and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets and procedures in safe manner.
- Mentor subordinates.
Experience and Qualifications
- A recognized Degree or Diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university. Has 10 to 15 years of relevant experience. PE preferred
- Previous experience creating grounding, area class, power, single line, and motor control drawings with a clear understanding of protective devices and coordination techniques
- Knowledgeable of the ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, and other industry codes, specifications and standards
- Familiar with arc flash requirements and calculations.
- Able to perform engineering calculations, e.g. load flow, short circuit, harmonics, equipment sizing, large motor starting, grounding, transient stability, electromagnetic transients, insulation coordination, etc.
- Familiar with and able to specify high, medium and low voltage electrical equipment (MCC's, Transformers, switchgear, etc.)
- Ability to interface with and understand client needs.
- Ability to lead and interact with engineers and designers with clearly established expectations
- Previous experience with electrical modeling and analytical software, e.g. ETAP, SKM, or EasyPower and performing various power systems and transmission line studies
- Previous experience participating in TIC estimates.
- Ability to manage scope, schedule, and budget on assigned projects
- Familiar with electrical construction techniques, installation practices and plant start-up requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and ability to work effectively in teams
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.