Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
To ensure effective capacity planning over short and medium-term planning horizon across the manufacturing scope with a focus on maximizing internal capacity utilization and efficiency.
You will continuously monitor the progress of all orders placed both internally and externally and coordinate the release of work to the shop floor, taking into consideration available routings, engineering releases and materials availability.
You will focus on:
- Effective capacity management of machines, assembly and test.
- Creating production plans.
- Controlling constraints in your area and influence areas that effects your constraints.
- Ensuring manufacturing of components is started on time i.e. preventing delays and late delivery.
- Adherence to customer required delivery dates.
- Liaison with other functions as required (e.g. engineering, supply chain, operations) to support adherence to production plans and customer required dates.
- Communicating any deviation from the planned dates to all relevant parties.
- Understanding requirements of the plan and actioning of the plan.
- Maintaining open works orders as appropriate.
- Contribute to inventory management as required.
- Meeting company Quality requirements.
- Ensuring that safe working conditions prevail and contribute to overall HSE goals.
- Experience in a production planning role.
- Experience of MRP / ERP systems - ideally MFG Pro and/or SAP.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience of other Microsoft packages i.e. Word, etc.
- Strong initiative and proactive approach to work.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels on a regular basis including presentations, meetings and via written documentation.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.