Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of OpenLink Endur IT Business Analyst - GSAT located in Houston, TX Texas / United States through April 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Chevron Gas Supply & Trading (GSAT) is looking for an experienced energy trading technical business analyst to join our IT organization. The successful candidate must have the aptitude, attitude, and energy to be part of a high-performance team that supports the operation and growth of GSAT. GSAT's IT organization provides business analysis and application support for the full life cycle of the gas marketing and trading business.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate functional area support with subject matter experts for business and process-related issues.
- Partner with users to identify gaps or opportunities and define requirements for creating process efficiencies.
- Perform business analysis and design; gather and document detailed business and functional requirements in preparation for solution development.
- Provide day to day production support of energy trading system; document and perform configuration, troubleshoot, and analyze system issues by reviewing error logs.
- Work with subject matter experts and users to understand business priorities of requests and incidents and drive incident process to completion by utilizing defined application change management process.
- Collaborate with users and IT teams to determine appropriate solutions for business needs, review, design, and test delivered solutions.
- Perform impact analysis, regression, QA, and functional testing of system changes. Direct and monitor end user participation in testing activities.
- Develop and refresh test plan/scenarios including expected results for functional area(s).
- Develop and maintain training materials and deliver initial system training of new or enhanced functionality for designated functional area(s).
- Minimum 5 years of xperience with OpenLink Endur knowledge of associated data and configuration
- Experience in implementing or supporting a Trading and Risk Management - front, mid, or back office - system and functions are required
- Understanding of Natural Gas marketing and trading and familiarity with associated commercial support processes
- Demonstrated ability to apply business analysis skills to solve business problems (systems thinking)
- Very strong interpersonal and business skills and ability to interact with business users
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business preferred
- Experience supporting Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), or comparable commodity trading
- Ability to read XML and write SQL preferred
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.