Job Description General Position Definition
This role is an essential part of the End-to-End Quality and Product Data team in Downstream Lubricants Supply Chain (LSC). This team ensures short and long-term effective operation of the Global Product Catalogue (GPC) and associated interfaces - predominantly ERP (SAP) - which holds data relating to products, formulations and components through their lifecycle.
The Product Data Landscape is a business critical network of systems that reaches widely and deeply into key business activities.Purpose
Carry out monthly operational data activities, specific projects and analysis within the product data landscape, ensuring timely delivery according to business driven priorities.
Provide support for users of the systems; primarily those in data maintenance roles for Formulation, Component and Product Safety data.Accountabilities
- Act and behave according to Shell Global Business Principles, Code of Conduct, HSSE standards and rules
- Execute product, formulation and component data analysis with regular feedback to on progress and issues.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the data quality through analysis, definition and implementation of repeatable Data Quality Standards.
- Complete monthly reporting schedule on time to meet key stakeholder requirements.
- Provide front-line support for the data tools that make the GPC 'ecosystem' with close liaison to IT counterparts
- Maintain the infrastructure of supporting information for key user community across parallel systems, databases and shared drives
- Prepare data for bulk changes as required.
- Support system changes, such as upgrades, database transitions and improvements, working with the relevant business and IT teams to support delivery and managing the testing program accordingly
- Ensure all documentation and rule sets related to reporting tools are kept up to date
The team provides support for the Global Commercial business transacting in over 110 countries worldwide. The Stakeholder network reaches across all user teams of the data landscape from R&D to Manufacturing and Sales.Special Challenges
Stakeholder and Priority Management:
- Multiple locations of key contacts require face-to-face and virtual working.
- Adaptable style of communications according to stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Reliable core task delivery alongside requests for ad hoc / project work.
- Manage prioritisation of tasks to address conflicting requests
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements
- Detailed understanding of Product Data applications including ERP (SAP preferable)
- Expertise in managing and working with databases
- Attention to detail, patience and a desire to work at product development/business interface.
- Delivery and customer focused.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and come up with creative solutions
- Ability to produce methodologies and files for effective data management
- Clear results orientation and capacity to manage self-performance
- Good decision making skills and ability to find solutions to day-to-day issues
- Proven ability to deeply understand interfaces between different teams interacting with product master data.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentations
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.