- Conduct DOT annual Cathodic Protection and Atmospheric Corrosion surveys
- Install and monitor internal corrosion monitoring equipment
- Mitigate corrosion both internal and external for assets assigned
- Fully utilize corrosion database for state and federal compliance
- Supervise and participate in Cathodic protection system design and materials installation
- Maintain Cathodic protection equipment
- Budget and execute special maintenance projects
- Provide thorough and accurate monthly reporting on all activities
- Possess a working knowledge of 49 CFR part 195 and 192 if applicable
- Technical group field representative for corrosion
- Embrace and champion all safety policies and procedures according to the SPL HSSE manual
- Manage contractors in a safe and efficient manor
- Able to work unsupervised
- Responsible for CPDM database
- Meet INSR and regulatory requirements
- Follow the procedures in the Safety Manual
- Follow the procedures in the various maintenance manuals (CP, Paint, Coatings & Inhibitors)
- Budget for and then execute approved special maintenance and capital projects
- Control cost
- Take total ownership of your work area
- Have a working relationship with Operations and Maintenance Personnel
- Be proactive in corrosion mitigation
- Work within the budget
- Work safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Contractors working for you must work safe
- Respond to notifications in a timely manner
- All facilities will have adequate cathodic protection
- Risk Meetings - Attend all meetings and provide information while being prepared to discuss corrosion issues for your facilities
- Use good judgment when purchasing equipment and materials - Look for ways to cut cost
- Fully utilize tools to reduce time or cost (Allegro, Remote monitors when available)
- Timely ISR reports
- No regulatory fines
- Attend DOT audits and be properly prepared
- No budget over expenditures without prior approval
- Complete all projects before year's end
- No repairs due to atmospheric corrosion (that have not been reported to maintenance)
- No personal injuries or accidents
- No Automotive accidents
- No contractor injuries
- No repairs due to a lack of cathodic protection
- No releases due to corrosion equipment or corrosion related projects
- Report updates monthly
- No late/wrong/ incomplete reports or forms (Payment Net, SWA, etc.)
- No anomalies in CPDM exception report without proper notification.
- Have updated long term schedule/plans (under tank tubes, CIS, etc.)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in the pipeline corrosion prevention field.
- Demonstrate competent working knowledge of corrosion survey techniques.
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Have the ability to communicate written and orally to a variety of audiences.
- Display the ability to work alone as well in group settings.
- Exhibit good time management skills.
- Show proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess a working knowledge of electrical components.
- Possess or be capable of obtaining the following certifications within 2 years of employment:
- NACE CP Level II - Cathodic Protection Technician
- NACE Internal Corrosion Level I
- NACE Coatings Inspector Program (CIP) Level I
Other considerations for this position:
- Must pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and random drug testing.
- Must pass a physical examination.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must have valid driver's license with no more than 1 moving violations in the past 2 calendar years.
- Must be able to work outside in any weather conditions as required.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.