Skills: Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrollton, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under general supervision, acts as a technical lead on projects, as required, by establishing development plans and approving design documents.
- Evaluates project risks and provides input to project leads to develop mitigation strategies.
- Uses engineering tools, test specifications and assessment of Health, Safety and Environment requirements during the design process.
- Uses software tools or applications to perform routine analysis to predict reliability and performance.
- Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by delivering innovative and commercially successful solutions.
- Creates an impactful relationship with Halliburton's technical community, customers, and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Participates in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Ability to work in a research environment where requirements are uncertain and solutions are innovative.
- Knowledge of electronics spans from laying out the circuit to modeling the system, prototyping, testing, and debugging an electronics system
- Extensive experience with taking electronics from concept to implementation.
- Experience with high-temperature electronics, low-power systems, SPICE or equivalent modeling, MATLAB, and experimental data acquisition is highly desired
- Be self-motivated, a team player, and able to communicate clearly and confidently with internal and external customers
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 4 years of related experience.
- Completion of a Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (12) additional job requisitions, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr. R&D Electrical Engineer, Principal R&D Electrical Engineer or Advisor R&D Electrical Engineer.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2601 Belt Line Rd , Carrollton , Texas , 75006 , United States
Requisition Number: 65686
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.