Company: Saudi Aramco
Skills: Business Analyst, Business Development, Chemical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dhahran, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Strategic Planning Department is one of four departments in Strategy & Market Analysis and its main objective is to lead the annual strategy development and long term planning process, including the development of the strategic investment profile. The department's role includes providing strategy perspective and support to major corporate decisions and on-going strategic topics. It also leads analytical work and coordinates with the business and service lines regarding progress and performance of strategy implementation.
The Senior Downstream Strategist - Chemicals & Refining serves as Saudi Aramco's "Corporate Advisor" and foremost strategic planning expert for our chemicals and refining businesses. This strategic leadership role inspires and guides a group of strategists and professionals responsible for guiding and articulating the company's overall chemicals and refining strategy, participating in the development of long-term capital and resource allocation. Downstream Strategist will lead the Downstream Strategies.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Must have a deep understanding of the latest Oil and Gas, Chemicals and Energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies.
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
• Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
• Must have demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor multi-national junior staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides advice and guidance on the development of the company's strategic goals and strategic plans for the chemicals and refining businesses to the CEO and members of Corporate Management.
• Inspires and guides a group of strategists and professionals responsible for articulating and crafting relevant sections of the company's strategic plan, which includes conducting strategic analysis, assisting in setting strategic direction and developing the investment plan.
• Review the Company's operating plan, with a focus on the chemicals business. Review the Company's refining assets and broader downstream activities, to ensure that plans are in alignment with the company's strategic plan.
• Initiates research and studies on wide-ranging topics related to long-term scenarios that might impact the company's competitive advantage in the chemicals business, preparing analysis as required for the Corporate Planning organization and various corporate committees.
• Monitor the chemicals industry and inform management of recommended courses of action to mitigate losses or maximize profits when significant events occur that could adversely affect the company's long-term goals. Prepare similar analysis for the refining businesses.
• Benchmarks the company's performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant companies in the region and around the world.
• Has regularly presented both to Corporate Management and Board level as well as in external forums. Advisor is a recognized thought leader in downstream sector, preferably with a strong background in the chemicals industry.
• Broad and deep understanding of the oil and gas industry.
• Must have exceptional analytical abilities.
• Progressive experience in a major Oil & Gas Company's downstream or corporate division, or a major chemicals company or the energy or chemicals practice of a major consultancy.
• Demonstrable ability to utilize information developed by an intelligence function to materially and positively impact company performance on a sustained basis.
• Decisive Thinker/Advisor: Able to distill the essence of an issue to two or three critical points. Understands how to engage and support senior executive decision making, building credibility to achieve trusted advisor status.
• Communications Skills: Speaks effectively in large groups and able to make clear presentations and arguments, writes high quality reports and briefs.
• Networking: Extrovert personality with strong cognitive skills allowing for building wide integral and eternal networks across multiple functions.
• Adaptability: Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and changing business environments.
• Performs special assignments of a highly complex nature significantly impacting Saudi Aramco. Determines how projects can be divided into manageable pieces and follows through with specialized and expert assistance, advice and guidance to achieve a successful conclusion.
• Originates, develops and recommends the implementation of new planning and analytical concepts and techniques in order to achieve better overall results in management and controls.
• Acts as the Company's foremost expert in his sphere of planning and analytical expertise.