Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be working in a project role performing work as required by the project specific assigned role and in accordance with Oceaneering HSE policy, management processes and quality requirements.
You will be required to contribute to the effective and continuously improved work methods and processed of the department, within the organization line and with respect to Oceaneering regarding:
- Business Processes
- Organizational Processes
- Engineering methodology
- Tools (software systems, procedures)
Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in projects according to the temporarily assigned project role. May act as technical lead.
• Handles all aspects of a project, as needed, to include customer interface, modeling, detail drawings, analysis, documentation, assembly support and testing.
• Perform conceptual design work and engineering analysis.
• Prepare and review technical proposals and specifications.
• Create complete design packages and necessary documentation.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct reports.
- Engineering Degree Bachelor/Master
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Extensive 3D CAD modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Skilled in writing technical documents (2D drawings, manuals, procedures)
- Must have good multidiscipline knowledge
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train/mentor younger engineers
- Ability to act as project engineer when needed
- Safety focused
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.