Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Scope of the SERVICE:
The services consist in coordinating and ensuring a sound liaison between the multidisciplinary works of the offshore department and the vessels they are responsible for. The Offshore Manager has the overall responsibility for safety, health and environment for contractors' performance, for liaison with all the Company departments involved in the works performed by the FSV / DSV for marine activities, logistics, work program, work preparation, and reporting, associated with the project offshore. The services consist also in coordinating and controlling that the work performed by COMPANY'S contractors on base is performed within the Company standards specifications.
Technical activities Services:
- Implements of COMPANY'S policies and rules within the different contractor's team at work and particularly the COMPANY'S HSEMS (HSE Management System);
- HSE Activities:
a. Control that working area is fit for the work,
b. Control HSE equipment and installation are fit and in working conditions,
c. Control that resources and regular drills for handling emergency response are fit and available,
d. Participation in HSE committee and COMPANY'S emergency response organisation,
e. Reporting of incident, anomaly, unsafe act, near miss, damage spill, injury etc.,
f. Analysis and investigation of accident or incident that might have occurred and implementation of corrective plan/measures.
- Assisted by two shift supervisors, lead all operational activities mainly based on sub-sea interventions performed by ROV, including deck preparations, heavy lifting and vessel deployment.
- Anticipate and organise the activities onboard to ensure the operations continuity.
- Understand the priorities given by EPT/SUB through the Department management.
- Coordinate the different corporations involved in the achievement of the sub-sea works i.e. Marine, ROV, Survey, SPS technicians, Riggers, Crane operators, Diving Superintendent, Diving Supervisor, NDT Coordinator, as well as any other specialists required for specific intervention. Maintain good team spirit, cohesion, and complete understanding of the role of each individual in the task being performed.
- Maintain close liaison with the RSES / Site Manager of the field where the FSV / DSV is operating, organize and lead the ROC (kick off) meeting prior to start any task. Ensure good communication and cooperation with the FPSO during the simultaneous operations.
- Organize logistics of the FSV in coordination with the onshore base and the field logistical support.
- Ensure that all operational activities undertaken comply with relevant Company directives and are in accordance with safety rules, safety memos and operational manuals.
- Ensure that the implementation of health, environment and safety policy is undertaken by all subcontractors on board the vessel.
- Guarantee good performance of the activities in compliance with the operational procedures and project documentation approved by Company.
- Verify that the services performed by the contractors comply with the terms and conditions set out in the contracts.
- Check and approve Company and contractors supplied equipment necessary for the execution of the works.
- Ensure that any work permit is fully complied with and that the Company safety policy is fully enforced.
- Issue task plans in consultation with all involved, collect drawings and specifications or other hardware as required for offshore works and organize tool box talks to fully brief Supervisors, ROV pilots, vessel officers and any other relevant parties prior to any operation.
- Prepare reports and as-built dossier to document the works concluded.
- Report anomalies, near misses, incident, dangerous occurrences and other information to the Safety Department.
- Prepare the daily report.
- Report daily by phone to the DSV / FSV Superintendent. Maintain records of progress and supply status information.
- Interface with all specific queries from Company specialists. Main matters of concern are Safety, QA, Survey, ROV and Marine operations.
Inspection and Control activities Services:
- Inspection and control of the WORK execution in all respect of the procedures, specifications, safety and environmental protection;
- Proactive detection of potential problems/issues/concerns to ensure delivery within schedule and planning.
Communication activities Services must:
- Report to the DSV / FSV onshore Superintendent
- Report to the project manager the vessel is working for.
- Collaborate with the off shore RSES / Site Managers
- Liaise with Company specialists
Quality feature of the SERVICE:
- Rigor and professionalism throughout all the activities to be develop in the execution of the SERVICES
- At least 10 years of experience in offshore oil & gas construction as a shift supervisor, OCM on construction vessels.
- For DSV, experience in Diving, ideally as Diving Superintendent
- Good knowledge of Total E&P technical specifications & procedures.
- English language must be well spoken/written, Portuguese and French would be a plus.
- Work in rotational periods (approx 4 weeks on 4 weeks off with a 2 days handover period).
- Be available 24/24h to cope with emergency and operational requirements.
- BOSIET HUET,
NB: The scope may vary slightly to adapt position to company requirements.
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: