Skills: HR - Recruitment
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Develop trusted relationships and two-way engagement with business partners to understand business priorities, roles, and talent needs both short and longer term
- Hold professional Job Brief Meeting with hiring managers to fully inform resourcing strategy and ensure D&I priorities are established
- Working across both internal vacancies and external, partner with global Sourcing Hub to determine the right sourcing method for identifying high-fit candidates
- Manage the successful recruitment (quality, speed, cost and diversity of end-to-end pipeline) for internal appointments and approximately 45 external positions per annum in a given portfolio.
- Conduct assessments, differentiate candidate capabilities to short list and guide business on objective ratings to differentiate candidates.
- Be the key engagement point for Candidates, considering their individual needs and being an ambassador for Shell and the EVP
- Lead the offer making process to secure smooth and timely selection and appointment of candidates
- Coach and guide Hiring Managers on Shell recruitment process ensuring full understanding of responsibilities and time frame commitments
- Build a continuous, collaborative delivery partnership with key Resourcing teams; global Sourcing Hub, Resourcing Operations and Recruitment Marketing. Ensure clarity and alignment across stakeholders to enable coordinated, effective, posting, screening, assessment and offer management. Contribute to a collaborative engagement with virtual network of team members, engaging them on the context and needs of the hire
- Leverage LEAN practices to run/contribute to a highly effective weekly Huddle, aligning with the team on priorities, indicators, setting up for a successful week ahead.
- Ensure timely, accurate 'First time right' tracking & recording of information in the recruiting systems for positions and candidates
- Be a visible Shell Ambassador in the external market, engaging with relevant networks and associations, as relevant to the portfolio of roles - Energy groups, Trading forums, Compliance, IT organisations, benchmark groups.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
- Strong understanding of recruitment processes, practices and systems.
- Capable knowledge of candidate sourcing and marketing tactics to identify candidates. Confident in candidate assessment and offer negotiation.
- Country business structure, roles and different types of capabilities needed in different roles
- Country policies and global recruitment policies
- Excellent communication, clear oral and written skills, effective questioning and active listening
- Experience of working across multiple portfolios and keep a number of needs across different roles moving forward at the same time (structured multi-tasking)
- Relationship management; able to develop deep understanding of different stakeholder needs, assert credibility and challenge as needed and deliver
- Data insight and analysis; continuously uses all metrics available to review/anticipate/adjust current priorities and needs. Eg. market tracking, application volumes, open requisition numbers, cycle time of recruitment stages, assessment results, diversity of applicants/shortlist/appointments/assessors.
- Trusted, credible partner
- Role models Shell's values and demonstrates this through decision making
- Works flexibly to deliver on commitments
- Friendly engaging manner to convey Shell EVP with candidates
- Strong team orientation; able to proactively contribute to China Resourcing team, country HR team and others. Works effectively in virtual, diverse teams.
- Proactive, takes initiative and effectively deals with challenges
- Values and cares for quality of talent joining Shell and of candidates who interact with Shell and are likely Shell customers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.