Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ross, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Manage and maintain well site equipment and prepare reports and check quality of data obtained.
Reports to: Midstream Services Manager
Directs Reports: None
- Maintain equipment, verify and communicate field information, and represent Basic Energy Services on location
- Ensure the companies assets on location are maintained in good working order and are protected from damage and equipment needs are communicated to MS Manager in a timely manner
- Record operational data and complete relevant job documentation as set out by operations guidelines.
- Provide external customers with relevant information regarding job progress, problems, solutions and accurate job data
- Provide operational advice on relevant equipment technical/operational specifications to third party personnel in a professional manner
- Attend and actively participate in safety meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years' experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Valid Driver's license and acceptable MVR
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors and well site personnel
- Ability to work independently in an environment under pressure in emergency situations and where priorities change quickly
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks
- Basic to intermediate level computer skills
- Must be on call 24 hours/day
- Bachelor's degree
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and carry it 50 yards
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to bend, stand, twist, squat, crawl, and walk
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Exposure to loud noises
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment