Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Location: Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to the Project Manager.
This position will be within the domain of multiphase flow and Flow Assurance where our simulators (OLGA and PIPESIM) is market leading and is used around the world to design, operate and optimize oil and gas transport systems, drilling operations and entire fields. We are now offering this technology in our DELFI cloud, bringing together global expertise in data analysis, mathematical modelling, algorithm development, petroleum engineering and software engineering to transform the oil and gas industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data analysis
- Develop numerical and mathematical models based on available data
- Implement new models in OLGA, PIPESIM and/or the DELFI cloud environment
- Perform general software development and testing activities
- Write model and software documentation
- Write technical papers and reports
- Interact with internal and external clients, gives presentations
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience
- Competency in Visual Studio and C++
- Excellent technical communication skills, both oral and written
- Numerical analysis and programming skills
- Physical/Flow Modeling is considered important
- Experience in other languages, such as Fortran and Go is considered valuable
- Knowledge in high performance computing or cloud computing experience is considered valuable
- Experience in Software Architecture is considered valuable
- Good interpersonal communications. Team player respected by peers
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Norway, without sponsorship
Schlumberger Norway Technology Center is the Center of Excellence for Geology, Geophysics, Flow Assurance and Asset Optimization. We develop state of the art software applications for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, evaluation and production. Our activities span from software engineering to customer support, from technical documentation to quality assurance.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.