TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Contracts Engineer (CE) plays a lead role in the development and reviews of Event Contracting Strategies in an industrial environment. This includes the recommendation of forms of contracts, work breakdown structures, and Event specific compensation on major Events. Additionally, the CE facilitates the implementation of Event Contracting Strategies through development and award of contract(s) and provides as-needed assistance through contract close-out.
- Responsible for Event contracting strategy development and documentation; analyzing and assessing alternative contracting strategies as part of optimizing the overall execution strategy
- Provides guidance and leadership in contractor pre-qualification, bid slate selection, tendering and evaluation of proposals
- Leads Event Team during contract development, with focus on Job Specifications (e.g. Coordination Procedure, Interfaces, Design Specifications, Description of Facility, and other technical details from ExxonMobil) and compensation components
- Integrates overall commercial - technical contracting components and ensures overall contract quality and integrity
- Active support to Event Team typically evolves shortly after contract award to contract implementation. Contracts Engineering would re-engage to support implantation of the contract during the Event (e.g. change order management).
- Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of Management, Event Team and other ExxonMobil organizations
- Organizes and leads Contracting Strategy Workshops with Event Team
- Develop and lead the training of Event Team to enable effective execution of the contract
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Train/mentor execution supervision on methods of managing different contracts during TA setting
- Broad understanding of Event execution and contracting principles, theories and concepts
- Expert proficiency in the contracting strategies; skilled in working with unit rate, lump sum, cost plus structures for industrial environment
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration
- 10+ years of broad-based, related professional experience, 3+ years in Event leadership roles
- Proficient in oral and written communications
- Demonstrates sound commercial leadership that drive integration
- Proven experience in working in teams exhibiting a progressive attitude that influences best possible outcome in solving problems
- TWIC card required for assignment
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.