Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Construction Superintendent, I&E is, first and foremost, responsible for his/her safety, as well as the safety of all subordinate employees, according to Strike's EHS Policy. The Construction Superintendent, I&E must ensure compliance with all applicable company, local, state, and federal Safety, Health and Environmental regulations. The Construction Superintendent, I&E also coordinates all site instrumentation and electrical pipeline and/or facilities construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
Primary Job Function:
- Promotes job safety, enforces safe work practices and mitigates job site hazards immediately. Works closely with Strike EHS department and promotes Corporate EHS practices.
- Conducts Job Safety Assessments (JSA) before work begins and communicated mitigations efforts to subordinate employees.
- Coordinates and supervises all I&E construction activities for maintenance or new construction projects.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget. Reviews and approves all daily field tickets for assigned projects(s) making certain tickets are entered in a timely manner.
- Reviews internal and customer forecasts to determine additional I&E construction or alteration requirements on pipeline system and facilities.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and Strike's policy, procedures and systems.
- Develops field workforce to ensure the project team is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Manages ratio of Apprentice to Journeyman Tradesman per company and industry accepted ratios.
- Ensures all company employees, subcontractors and suppliers adhere to Strike's safety policy.
- Maintains respectful and productive relationships with the other Strike divisions, clients and their representatives.
- Maintains an organized job site and administrative office.
- Takes ownership of all company supplied assets, maintaining and managing them.
- 3+ years of pipeline/facilities project management experience.
- 10+ years of instrumentation and electrical installation.
- Experience scheduling, ordering, field supervision, and quality control on a pipeline/facilities project.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Must have Jorneyman Electrician License.
- High School Diploma required.
- Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and cost.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a variety of weather conditions.
- Requires frequent travel within the U.S. and relocation as needed for project demands.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Bolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.